Saturday, January 06, 2007

Silver Springs aka Don Giovanni Wines

Well I must say upon first tasting and interaction with the winemaker on a slow and quiet December 26th, that Silver Springs has some great wines. We tried just about all of their offerings except for the really sweet wines. The Merlots and Cabernet Francs were standouts and the Cabernet Sauvignon was also quite good. In the midst of our New Year parties and celebrations they all went down pretty fast. The 2002 Silver Springs Cabernet Franc was among the favorite, and I feel compelled to give it a proper tasting review, however, before I do that I must comment that this winery is not a true Finger Lakes winery as it seems as though some of their production is in Mattituck, NY. Since we are focused on Finger Lakes wines, I thought it prudent to mention this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home